The Seattle region has the largest concentration of interactive media companies in the United States, and companies have a huge benefit from having a presence here. With Washington Interactive Network, we can assist in connecting you to the local industry to help make the transition as smooth as possible.
Our state has a very competitive business environment. Twelve top game development regions were analyzed in a competitiveness study including: Seattle, Atlanta, Austin, Boston, Chicago, Dallas, Los Angeles, Minneapolis, New York, Salt Lake City, San Francisco, San Jose. The analysis found that three cities rank in the top tier of the world’s leading regions in Interactive Media: Seattle, San Francisco, and San Jose. Of these top tier regions, the Seattle area is the most competitive in the United States and the world for growth in the Interactive Media sector. These findings are based on industry-selected indicators of competitiveness: Number of firms, Computer and engineering talent, Multimedia and animation talent, Educational institutions, Cost of living, and Cost of business.
Workforce is the number one reason why game companies around the US choose a location. As this is the driving need at this time, it currently outweighs the economic incentives being offered by areas whose talent is sparse. The reason being is that it is hard to hire quality workers and executives to areas that do not already have a diverse range of companies.
To see the industry reports and studies, click here.
- No state income tax for individuals
- No state corporate income tax
- No capital gains tax
- Advanced Computing R&D Business & Occupation Tax Credit
- Strong Interactive Entertainment industry provides one of the top talent pools in the nation
- Travel distance – Seattle is centrally located in the world with many direct flights to major cities in Europe and Asia. Only 9 hours to Asia, and 9 hours to Europe. Frequent and easy connections to Los Angeles for direct flights to Sydney and Melbourne.
- Quality of Life – For the single life or family life, from mountains to sea, there is something for everyone. We have many Interactive Entertainment professionals relocate to our region from other areas around the US and world.